9.13.2013

2. Paracord finally...

Finally I get some paracord to my hands. I bought it in my own town in local "army"  store.
The price is much higher then on Ebay or Amazon or some Chinese sites but I couldn't wait to get my hands on it.  So...



 It is Type III 550 Lbs type of paracord. I started to play around with it  and trying to figure out what do I want to do with it. What and how to tie :))

On the end as my first paracord project I started to practice few simple knots and it finished  as small lanyard for my butane torch lighter. 
I tied couple of two strands lanyard knots or "diamond knots" as they call them and then "finished" with two celtic button knots. It looks like heavy installation for that lighter but since my waist bag is full of staff it is easy to find it inside.



After that following great tutorials from internet i manage to tie two color "Round crown sinnet lanyard" .

I have to learn how to precisely melt the ends because it looks pretty bad if You do not pay attention to that details. But I am proud at myself because I manage to do it from first attempt following the video tutorial.

The internet is full of "paracord and rope projects" and I am amazed how many beautiful and practical things can be done with it.





The other thing about it is that it is something that occupies me and give me a peace in mind while playing with it. Sometimes it is frustrating and funny how my brain can not understand the tutorial together with my clumsy fingers. But when the "project" is finished...





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hej, što kažeš na ovo?
za svaki sljedeći item poštarina je jednu funtu.
mile

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-Military-Issue-550-Para-Cord-x-5-lengths-of-24-/380084489529?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item587ecd0d39