6.29.2015

Valentine's Day 2015

I know it has pass but I have to share it with you.

Before the last Valentine's day I decided that it is time that my bellowed wife gets a special gift.

As any true bushcrafter - advanturer ready for anything, month before Valentine's day I started my journey to China.
Arriving there, wandering its vastness, I came across a rare animal, a water buffalo. That moment I realized that I found what I was looking for. Let me explain. The skin from the tail of that magnificent animal is considered today an ideal gift for Valentine's Day because the procedure of "removing" the strings of skin from that animal while still alive is so dangerous and hazardous that all wives around the world consider that to be the unique proof of love and sacrifice.
Long story short, I manage to accomplish that task without any injury, and get home right on time to donate that gift to my bellowed one.

But this skin tape alone seemed to me somehow ordinary, and I decided to create a form appropriate to the event.

Since I am not skillful artist with making from leather, I asked for advice my good old wise friend "Google" who transferred me to his old buddy "Youtube" from whom I got advice how that exquisite peace of leather can become a piece of art worthily of my beloved one.



With some primitive tools I found at home,


And in a hurry to finish before my darling arrive home from work, I started with my work followed with wise guidance from old "Youtube".
He advices me to make "Expanded Turks head" version of bracelet revised in "Gaucho/Spanish ring" because that complicated style together with that exquisite peace of leather obtained on such a difficult way will surely show her how much I love her.



So I started…


















At the very end…














After I finally finished with my work I hide the bracelet between "salix caprea" (Willow flower)
twigs harvested at the very tops of the mountain "Špansko marketplace"



With my work my oldest daughter added her work made from the scraps left behind as her gift to her mother.
  
When arrived (where the hell was she so long) home my wife was first happy to see me alive after my adventure and after she saw the "present of love" her happiness blow out the sky…


On the hand of the bellowed one…


Closer look, just to be aware why the water buffalo skin is so valued (suppleness, softness, fineness,..), and to see my punctilious work.



P.S.

If someone is interested here is the path to old "Youtube"














No comments: